July and August were not such good writing months for me. I got 8,833 words written in July and a grand total of 6,001 words in August. (And the August words were re-writing/adding to a story.)
Why didn’t I write more?
Here are 18
excuses reasons I didn’t write much those months.
- I was trying to finish up the Bike Trip book, and I was going to write once it was published.
- I was trying to get Finding Joy written.
- Dylan’s Story wasn’t finished yet.
- My brother ended up in the hospital for a few days with an infection and we had the 6 kids.
- I was trying to decide which Christmas stories I wanted to publish, then I would be able to write.
- My sis-in-law had baby #7, and we had the kids again.
- I had to rewrite one of the Christmas stories, so I couldn’t write anything else.
- I don’t write well when I have another book almost done. And in this case I had two novels and 8 short stories getting finished.
- We were going to my grandparents.
- Too many other things were going on.
- I couldn’t think of anything to write because I hadn’t finished the other stories.
- I can’t publish books and write at the same time.
- I got out of the habit.
- Writing another book while still working on the others didn’t sound like fun.
- I wasn’t in the mood to write.
- I had to get ready to teach writing classes again.
- We were organizing the house, and I was too tired in the evenings.
- I had no idea what to write!
Okay, so some of these
excuses reasons were legitimate, others . . . not so much. 😛 I’m thankful to be getting back to writing.
So, what is keeping you from writing? Do you have as many
excuses reasons as I did?