August came suddenly. It’s not supposed to be here yet. At least it’s not in my mind. I’m still wondering what happened to May. 😛
I had plans. Still do. I just haven’t finished any of them. And other things are being added to my things to do. I feel like I’m trying to fight my way to the top of the pile and each time I think I’ve conquered something, it comes back with more to do.
- I was going to have Dylan’s Story published before July. Reality: The proof copy hasn’t even been read or started.
- I was going to have Finding Joy written and published
by Maybefore July, edited and to beta readers before August. Reality: I didn’t finish writing it until July, and my editor hasn’t finished reading it for the first time.
- I was going to have the Bike Trip book finished and the proof copy ordered before July. Reality: It took me into July to get that done.
- I wasn’t going to start or even think about teaching Writing Classes until almost September after the Bike Trip book was published. Reality: I’m starting classes today. And the Bike Trip book is not finished.
- I was going to get a lot written of Hymns in the Hills in July. Reality: I only wrote 10 days in July and not one of those days was on Hymns in the Hills.
- I wasn’t going to start any other book project until Dylan’s Story and possibly Finding Joy were published. Reality: I’m working on getting at least 6-8 Christmas stories editing, covers designed and ready for publication right now.
- I was going to get another short story written for my Friday blog before July was over. Reality: I got a short Christmas story started, but didn’t finish it. And I didn’t write anything else in the way of short stories.
So, what do I do?
I take a deep breath, let it out and remember that I might plan my ways, but God directs my paths.
One of these days Dylan’s Story, Finding Joy, the Bike Trip book, the Christmas stories, and other things will all be finished and published. Life happens, and I keep working.
Do you have a project that isn’t finished when you planned it to be? What is your first response?