Good morning! Welcome back to the Literary Lodge. Are you ready for another fun day of our Five Fall Favorites book party? I see you brought some more book bags! That’s probably a good idea. Did you get the others filled up with great reads? How many books have you added to your “to read” list? Well, come on inside. There’s no need for you to stand out on the porch in this breeze! It looks like we’ll be glad for the bonfires and blankets today! We brought another load of wood up to keep the fire going. Perhaps we should move some of the benches closer to the fires. Oh, and if you have time, they could use another hand in the kitchen since there are still bushels of apples that need peeled and cut so they can be canned, dried, frozen and ready for all sorts of autumn baking. Sorry, they were too busy with the apples that we didn’t get any cookies made.
I know you are probably eager to start browsing all the Top 5 books for today. Don’t forget to visit each of the Party Rooms and keep looking for the Books Room. Yes, there is going to be another door prize! And don’t forget the Grand Prize! If you haven’t entered, make sure you do that before you disappear into the party rooms.
I was surprised when I realized that I really hadn’t read that many “western” books. Though my parents have read Louis L’Amour, I never have. Hmm, maybe I should try one.
- Bret King- The Mystery of Ghost Canyon (This first book in the exciting Bret King series, combines western fun and adventure with a mystery! I really enjoy Bret and his pals, Ace, Andy, Benny, and Vic. And don’t forget Bret’s sister, Jinx, and younger brother, Rusty! My almost ten year old niece is really enjoying them as much as me. 🙂 )
- Silver Chief (We’re heading up to the cold north lands of Canada with Sergeant Jim Thorne of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in this story. It’s packed with cold and adventure! And yes, it is in the west, just the north west. There are several other books about Jim Thorne and Silver Chief if you enjoy this first one.)
- Patrol of the Sundance Trail (Another Canadian adventure which takes place on the western frontier. Renegade Indians trying to stir up trouble, ranchers, Mounties, it’s all there. And so are fabulous descriptions of the wild lands! Just be warned there are a few bad words in this book.)
- Brighty of Grand Canyon (This is such an interesting and delightful story. Yes, it was written more for children, but who says older ones can’t enjoy wonderful stories too? Follow the life of the spirited little burro, blazing trails in the Grand Canyon.)
- Little Britches (It’s been a while since I’ve read this book, but I enjoyed it. It’s the first in a series which, sadly, I have yet to read though they are sitting on the shelves of our house. Perhaps I’ll read them soon. Just note that white-out has been taken to most of this series.)
- Dancing with My Father (If I could only recommend one inspirational book to you, this would be it. If you are wanting to live your life full of His joy, Sally Clarkson encourages you, and shows you how. It’s a powerful book and I think you should read it! Go get a copy, don’t just put it on your “to read” list because it might get forgotten. My Goodreads review is here.)
- Say Good-bye to Survival Mode (Have you every felt completely overwhelmed by the piles of things you “had” to do? Do you jump at every opportunity to learn something new, get better at something, or take your projects to a whole new level? Does it seem that spending time with your friends and family only cuts into all your work and you are constantly behind? That’s how I felt until I read Crystal’s book. Now I can say no. It’s hard. Yes, I still struggle with adding too much to my plate, but I can say no. You might be surprised at the things you can/should cut back on to give yourself that time you need.)
- Do Hard Things (Maybe you don’t like stepping outside your comfort zone at all. Perhaps you see things that you wish would change, but you don’t feel confident in doing anything about it. Read this book. Written by homeschoolers to any young person who wants to take on the challenge of making a difference. You may find yourself doing those things you never thought you could do!)
- Mountain Trailways for Youth (I don’t know how many times I’ve gone through this devotional book, but I do know that each time I’ve done it, I’ve been encouraged, challenged, and motivated to press on in my walk with my Savior.)
- The Greatest Gift (Seeing God’s hand in orchestrating the events of history to give us the Greatest Gift is amazing. This book walks you though the “Jesse Tree” as you follow the line of Christ up until His birth. It’s written as a book to read one chapter a day during December. I love reading this book each December. It gives a clearer, fresh look at Christmas.)
Here you are! I was waiting for you. The Party Rooms are open now and guess what!? Yep, there’s a new Door Prize being given away in the Books Room. Only thing is, that Books Room has moved yet again!
This giveaway is open to both US readers and International readers. The prizes will be different, however. Sorry. We just can’t afford to ship internationally.
Guess What?! We are having so much fun, and you readers are so great, that we wanted to have even more fun! So . . . If we can reach 75 individuals who enter the Grand Prize giveaway, we will add a 2nd place winner! And if we reach 100 or more individuals, we will offer a 3rd place winner!
2nd place winner will receive: $5.00 Amazon gift card and 3 kindle books!
3rd place winner will receive: 3 kindle books!
Help us spread the word and encourage your friends and family members to join the fun so we can give away more books! 🙂 (P.S. There is a progress bar underneath the picture of the Grand Prize so you can see how we’re doing. 🙂 )
A US winner will get a “bright ideas” jar full of story prompts, plus four paperback books.
If we have an International winner instead, they will receive a $20.00 Amazon gift card and three kindle books.
Entrants for Grand Prize
Did you fill your book bags up again? I really don’t know how you are going to get any sleep in the next days, weeks or even months, with all these new titles. Please tell me you didn’t add all of them to your list! I wonder what book you are going to go read first? Hey, did you tell your friends this party is still going to be going on tomorrow?