In memory of that final cease fire of the Great War, I am offering my kindle book “Home Fires of the Great War” at a special price of $1.10 for eleven days.
The Dedication of this book reads:
To all the families of our armed forces and to those who have fought in ever war, I dedicate this book with a grateful heart. Thank you all for your sacrifices.
Home Fires for the Great War was my first book. At the time I really had no serious thoughts about ever finishing and publishing it. I’m so glad I did.
If you have looked for a book about home life during World War One for your family, your children or you, take a peek of what awaits you within these pages.
• Written mostly in letter style between two cousins, this book covers the years from 1915-1919 in the U.S. and Canada.
• You will find true stories from those years about so much more than just the battles in Europe.
• From a ship on the west coast of the US, to the Zeppelin bombing of a small town in England.
• There is an hour-by-hour- report of a training camp in Kansas, and a description of the first gas attack on the front lines.
• You’ll read about Scotty Allan and his dogs, and Fred Hartman’s dog sled race in 1917. (His story inspired the movie “Iron Will”.)
• From tornadoes which ripped across Codell, Kansas, to the great explosion in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
• Family stories, day-to-day life, the tears and heartbreak of saying good-bye, the laughter of mischief and jokes, letters from the front, tid bits of news from actual newspapers . . .
• And don’t forget “Ted, Fred, Larry and Jim” and their antics!
And the list goes on.
|The tiny post office|
All the memories of my years of writing this book make me ready to pick it up and start reading again. Have you read “Home Fires of the Great War“? If not, now if the perfect time to start it. And don’t forget to say thank you to those who have and are defending our freedom!